How to Apply to ZBA

Commercial applications are submitted to Zoning Administrator Kathleen Moss.

Residential applications are submitted, by appointment only, to ZBA Secretary. To schedule an appointment, please contact the Zoning Board Secretary Sarina Teuschler at or 845-229-5111 ext 110.

  1. Download the application forms at or pick up copies from Zoning office. Applicant must complete all forms: application, Environmental Assessment Form, escrow agreement (where applicable); and submit all relevant maps, sketches, and/or graphic renderings.

  2. RESIDENTIAL APPLICANTS - Schedule an appointment with the Zoning Board Secretary to complete your application. Residential applications will not be accepted outside of appointments.

    Send digital files of all relevant maps, other sketches, photos and graphic renderings to

    COMMERCIAL APPLICANTS - Submit one (1) original and six (6) copies of the application package to the Zoning Administrator. This includes: all application forms, short/long Environmental Assessment Form, maps, other sketches, photos, and any other pertinent information.
    In addition to physical copies, send digital files of all relevant maps, other sketches, photos and graphic renderings to

  3. Submit applications NO LATER THAN FIFTEEN (15) CALENDAR DAYS preceding the monthly meeting, in order to be placed on that agenda.

  4. Along with application, submit the non-refundable application fee as follows:

Right of Appeal




Use Variance


Change of Application


Area Variance:

 (see below)

Residential, one-family dwelling


All other residential use





Checks can be made payable to Town of Hyde Park. No cash or credit cards.

Submit an escrow payment with initial application. Please see Hyde Park Fee Schedule for list of escrow requirements. Area variances for one-family residential uses are exempt from escrow requirements.

(PDF) How to Apply to ZBA