Hyde Park Firehouse

4389 Albany Post Road

As indicated by the engraved stone lintels over the engine bays, this firehouse was built circa 1905, for the Eagle Engine Company founded in 1845, and the Rescue Hook and Ladder Company (1866), separate companies whose volunteer members included Franklin D. Roosevelt. Designed by Poughkeepsie architect William Beardsley, the Renaissance Revival style brick building features a cast iron cornice and bas relief decoration above the third story windows. 

For more information, contact the Town of Hyde Park Historical Society Museum at 845-229-2559, or the Chamber of Commerce 845- 229-8612.

Location of Hyde Park Firehouse
Hyde Park Firehouse (Photo by Franc Palaia)

(Photo by Franc Palaia)